Welcome to South Melbourne Districts Auskick Centre, part of the South Melbourne Districts Sports Club, what is the original home of the Bloods with more than 100 years of heritage in our great game!
A snapshot of what you can expect every Saturday at our Auskick Centre (in addition to a lot of fun and a lot of smiles!)
- 350 Auskickers;
- 30 + accredited coaches;
- All skill levels and age groups 5 +;
- A dedicated Girl's Squad with more than 50+ Girl's Auskickers aged Grade 1+ and a clear pathway to the SMD Girls Junior teams;
- Elite Kicking Academy for our Grade 3's, where we video our Auskickers and show them kicking a footy on the big screen frame by frame next to the legends of the game;
- A sausage sizzle (wouldn't one the footy without one!); and
- A barista with freshly brewed coffee.
Our season commences on 27 April and includes 14 action packed rounds.
Some of the key activities from last year which we are hoping to repeat again this year include:
- Friday night footy under lights (Round 3);
- Mother's Day Round - yes Mums, you all need to come in your team colours ready to play (Round 4);
- VFL half time games for our Grade 1's;
- VFLW half time games for our Girl's Squad;
- AFL half time grid games for our Grade 2's;
- AFL half time rules games for our Grade 3's +;
- Father's Day Round (Round 13);
- Lightening Carnival for our Grade 1 Boys and Girl's Squad;
- Vietnam trip including Auskick with the Saigon Swans and visit to the Vung Tau Orphanage for our Grade 3's.
Its a huge amount of fun with a great community spirit. Get involved, register now and we will see you down there on 27 April.