The Peter Bedford Cup, our traditional match against our friends down the road in Port Melbourne will be played on Sunday 2nd April. The games are at Murphy Reserve at 9am for U8s and U9s, 10.30am for U10s and Girls at 12 noon.
The Peter Bedford Cup match details have been updated in TeamStuff - please everyone confirm your child's availability for the match by using TeamStuff.
As you know this is a practice match so it's a chance for the players to play a proper game (and a chance for officials and team support to practice their roles).
We are still one month out from the start of the regular Home & Away season, so we are not too worried about players who don't have all the correct club gear. To aid you here are some guidelines for the match:
Updated 09:00 - 31 Mar 2017 by Adrian Furby
- We will have a set of SMD jumpers on hand. Wear your training top to and from the game.
- If you have South Melbourne gear - great, wear white shorts (away game) and SMD socks.
- If you support Sydney Swans and have Sydney gear - wear that.
- If you don't have any of the above - it is not an issue - simply wear a pair of sports shorts (white or light colour) and sports socks.
- Wear your footy boots
- Mouthguards are compulsory (and it is a practice match so practice wearing your mouthguard).